Course Frontend web developer
Land your dream Tech job with our all-in-one Front-end Development course.
Not sure if this course is for you? Book a free consultation with a DAN.IT career manager and receive demo access to our metaverse training centre.
- 7 month
- 300 hours
Mon, Wed: 19:00-22:00, Sat: 10:00-13:00
About this course
If you’re set on a career in Tech, you have a strong penchant for creative problem-solving, and limited experience developing web applications, then our Frontend course is just for you! Under expert guidance from our mentors, you will own the Frontend Developer role with a clear view to career progression and the skills needed for high-rising success. Master the tools you need to thrive in this varied and demanding position with our practice-heavy course led by industry experts.
Who is this course for:
- Programming beginners, 16 years of age and older
- Budding developers who want to learn how to create top-of-the line websites from scratch
- Coding enthusiast eager to work on real use cases and develop the soft skills they need to stand out from the crowd
What you will learn in this course:
- Grasp the logic of client-server architecture by writing functional applications
- Master the React.js, Node, Express.js and other frameworks, as well as the GIT version control system
- How to develop web interfaces and apps
- How to test and scale applications
- Learn how to read code and explore its inner workings
- Outshine the competition with presentation and technical English skills to ace any interview
Module 1. HTML & CSS
Once prelims are out of the way, you will dive into HTML. HTML is the logical markup of a web page. By mastering this structure, you will be able to start adding data to pages. In the first part of the course, you will learn to do just that by modeling markup via HTML tags and commanding the browser to properly render your tags using CSS instructions. The HTML & CSS overview includes:
- CSS selectors
- Handling design elements
- Manipulating the size and position of blocks on the page
- Working with margins and indents
- Understanding the block layout order
- Testing layout results
- Adaptive layouts
- Nuances of cross-browser layout
- Basic animation
- The CSS3 standard
- Frequently used dev tools
- In this module you will find:
- Base and object data types
- Type conversion
- Variables and naming rules
- Conditions, operators, arrays, loops, functions
- Scope and closures
- Control structures
- Error processing
- Browser events and the difference between Localstorage/Sessionstorage
Moreover, you will grasp the sequence of event processing known as event loops, learn how to interact with the DOM browser, and handle callback functions, while also working with the developer console, debugging, and eliminating errors from your code. This module also features a deep dive into the jQuery library. Upon completion, will be able to create your first web page with an appropriate layout and interactive features.
Module 3. Advanced HTML/CSS
Building on the HTML fundamentals you acquired in the first part of the course, Module 3 teaches you how to create adaptive web interfaces with varying complexity that will work on both widescreen monitors and mobile phones. You will become acquainted with one of the most popular CSS pre-processors – SASS, and get a clear sense of its syntax, settings, and frequent integration with the Gulp collector.
In addition, you will also learn:
- The BEM CSS methodology
- Pixel precision layout
- Layout with support for Retina screens
- Cross browser layout
- Web accessibility
- Mobile-First design
A deeper dive into JavaScrip, Module 4 introduces you to the basics of object-oriented programming (OOP), design pattern essentials, functional programming, the ES6 ES7 (ECMAScript) standard, and MVC architecture. You will also learn:
- Prototype inheritance (prototyping)
- Strict mode
- Async / Await
By the end of this module, you will be well versed in the latest industry standards of WebSocket, JSONP, AJAX, XMLHttpRequest, Promise, Single Page Application, and have a solid understanding of RESTful API and the ability to test your code using the framework.
Module 5. Getting started with React.js library
In this module, you will immerse yourself in one of the most popular libraries for building web applications – React.js. You will master a pioneering approach to creating pages for sites and applications. Also included are:
- JSX layout
- Virtual DOM
- React.js components
- Working with the Props / State component
- React Router
- Operating ImmutableJS in the React / Redux application
- Handling middleware, Redux-thunk
- Redux forms
- Testing applications with Jest and Enzyme
- Using hooks in React
This workshop includes:
- Deep dive into Node.js technology
- Using the NPM package manager
- Express.js framework
- Working with databases such as MongoDB
At the end of the module, you will be able to develop backend functionalities for existing applications, as well as create various REST APIs using the popular Express.js framework.
Throughout the course, you will become familiar with the Git version control system. This will greatly improve your ability to work with others and to problem solve. We will expand on the following topics:
- Working with Git Bash
- The Git pipeline: from creating a repository to sending it to a remote server
- How to use branches
- Handling configuration files
Workshops and master-classes
An integral part of the course curriculum, real-time coaching sessions from renowned industry experts will take your Tech skills to the next level.
Soft skills, technical English and interview preparation
With the commencement of the third module, you will begin to develop interpersonal and presentation skills. You will take part in simulated interviews, closely aligned with what you can expect from sitting down with a potential employer and receive constant feedback on your performance. Working with professional recruiters and industry experts, you will develop a strong resume, and learn how to present yourself and your work in a compelling manner, as well as navigate Tech lingo.
You will team up with fellow course mates to develop a product for potential start-up clients under weekly SCRUM-master support. Once your project is realised, you will present it to the members of the Advisory Board.
Software Engineer at EPAM Systems
Senior Java Developer, Ciklum
Senior FrontEnd Engineer, Weblium
Get our best offer by paying for the entire course in one instalment as you enrol.
Cover half of the course cost as you start and the other half after you complete your final project.
Pay a fixed monthly amount during the full run of your training.
Learn Now - Pay Later
Start repaying your course fees only after you’ve found employment.
We’re here to help you land your dream job! Book an advisory session
Book Your Free Consultation Today!
Not sure where to start your journey in Tech?
Sign up for a free consultation with one of our career experts to receive a tailor-made blueprint for breaking into the field.What we do to support your tech career goals:
- Helping you settle on an in-demand role that plays to your individual strengths
- Data-driven advice on the optimal upskilling course for you
- Personal welcome from prospective instructors
- One-on-one advisory sessions with a career specialist
- Exclusive tour of our Metaverse learning centre
Let us help you build a successful career in Tech!
Book a free career consultation today